Read First!

I've many times traveled to Bukidnon and I've many times passed by this one particular building in Maramag selling fresh milk. It's what I believed they only sell but no. Yesterday, we got the chance to drop by from our first stop, FIBECO.


My choice was the one sans the sugar and the additive flavor. I don't like to take anything sweet to be honest BUT funny is I bake cakes and pastries:) We ordered 4, 3 milk(plain) and 1 with chocolate flavor as a present for Kuya. 



My bottle was already half-empty when I read what's in the label of the white cheese we bought - FRESH CARABAO'S MILK  - it's one of the ingredients!!! Taken by total surprise as I knew they're product(s) are exclusive, I said, if this cheese is made out of carabao meaning this milk is........... Hubby and our companion laughed out loud. Unconvinced, I looked up to check the signage...




PCC stands for Philippine Carabao Center!!! 


Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!! I shrieked in disgust with the thought of CARABAO in mire! All these years I was thinking that their milk is taken fresh from cows. It explained why I wasn't able to smell or taste that cow-y distinction.




I've already had half, anyway, and it wasn't bad. I still gulped the remaining half of the bottle with the aid of water:). Sayang the money:D 


It was the first time I've had Carabao's milk in all my 36 years in this world! And it was an experience I couldn't forget.


Lesson learned... I should READ first before taking anything in.


Oh, by the way, Kuya put his present to the freezer last night, and only when he got home from school this afternoon did he get back to eat his yummy frozen chocolate milk. I watched him as he enjoyed the cool sensation of his favorite in his mouth;) When all consumed, that's the time I told him it's made of carabao!!! 


The very quick what! with twisted ugly face was before me. Hahaha!       


He should learn something, too! ---Not all mommies warn:D